Tips for preventing or minimising spills on your big day
For a bride-to-be, her dream wedding gown is one of the most precious possessions on her big day as it highlights the beauty of the bride as well as bringing the sparkle of a wedding. However, there’s a high hidden risk of spillage that may happen during this particular day. To keep it stain-free, we prepared several tips to assist or minimise this unfortunate situation arises:
• Eat wisely - avoid foods with dressing or gravy. Drinking with a straw can also help you prevent drink spills
• Drink champagne or white wine instead of red wine as the first two drinks are less obvious if they appear on the gown
• Cover yourself! - You can avoid damage to your gown by wearing a bib or covering over your gown (photo credit: bib4brides, Etsy)
• Be aware of your surroundings while striking a post for photos (photo credit: Alon Livné)
• Bring an emergency kit with items such as baby wipe or stain remover pen. It will come in handy when spillage happens with no warning sign (photo credit: hellobride.com)
• In case of any spillage, place a clean white cloth under the affected area to avoid the stain further penetrating the garment fibers. Gently dab it but not rubbing since it could spread the stain.
• Get it professionally cleaned ASAP – at Jeeves, we specialise in caring for your exquisite gown and have accumulated decades of experience in handling the delicate fabrics and materials of the worlds most exquisite gowns.
Jeeves (HK) Ltd