Tumble drying your clothes may be convenient, but the heat from the dryer changes the structure of the garment, causing clothing shrinkage.
The following steps demonstrate how you can easily unshrink your sweater.
1. Fill a large bowl with lukewarm water and add two tablespoons of hair conditioner. Conditioner relaxes the fibres of your sweater, making them easy to reshape.
2. Allow your sweater soak in the water mixture for at least 30 minutes but 2 hours max.
3. Drain the liquid and gently press the sweater against the sides of the basin to squeeze out the excess water. Do not rinse or wring the garment.
4. Lay your sweater on top of a corkboard or an absorbent towel and gently stretch the sweater out as close to desired size as possible while it is still damp.
5. Let it air-dry, but check a few times, every 30 minutes to an hour, until you can’t stretch the sweater any further.
The Jeeves Team